Summer Recap - Magic Kingdom - Sept 1, 2010

I took the day off from work so Reagan and I could go to Magic Kingdom at Disney World with my dad (Pop-Pop), my aunt, my cousin, her husband and their son Ryan who were all visiting from out of town.  We were SO EXCITED to see them all again and we had so much fun at the park.  Reagan especially loved spending time with her cousin who was very accommodating to her and quickly was added to her collection of trained monkeys and snuggie partners.
This was Ryan's FIRST.TIME.EVER at Magic Kingdom and I, being the loving Aunt Dawn that I am, made sure to get him his 1st Time Visitor pin to wear for the day - even if that is kind of embarrassing for a 12 year old.  Teeheehee.  A momentous occasion such as this requires fanfare for sure.  Then it was on to the ferry to get to the park.  I spent the first 15 minutes trying to insist that he get Mouse Ears to wear.  I even showed him that we could get his name embroidered on the back too.  He wasn't having it.  Not even when I swore that I'd be his best friend.  Finally we negotiated a deal - I would shut up and leave him alone about it if he promised to let me take a picture of him in the Mouse Ears of my choice.  Ryan loves popcorn so I found THE perfect pair!
He allowed me to take a quick picture even though he wasn't too thrilled by the idea.  I am sure he will be less thrilled about the picture being shared with the world.  AUNT DAWN LOVES YOU RYAN!!!  Swear it!  :-)

Here is a picture of me, Reagan and Pop-Pop that Ryan took for us.  Notice Pop-Pop videotaping during the photo op.  LOL
Later on in the day we found out that the resident birds are quite adept at getting food from the visitors.  We had a blast feeding them french fries - even though we know you aren't supposed to feed them, they clearly were expecting it.  And Reagan loved it!

Then, Pop-Pop and Ryan got locked up by the law for feeding the birds when you aren't supposed to.  Uncle F, Aunt K and Aunt L all got away!  And me, yeah, I don't do birds - they scare me wayyyy too much (note to self - type out ostrich story one day soon) so I kept my distance and only did the visual documenting.
After they got bailed out, Reagan and I camped out on the bridge to wait for the boat to come by from Splash Mountain.  As you can tell, Ryan LOVED that ride - he rode it 3 times in a row too!
In the above picture he was yelling to me - THAT WAS AWESOME!

What a fun day we had.  We already can't wait for the next time they all come to town.


Popular posts from this blog

How She Got Her Name

Weekend Review - Toddler Fold-Out Couch

Jesus Lives in the Cookie Jar at Grandma's House and God Lives in a Roundhouse